RESEARCHED BOTH SIDES OF FLAG AND SCHOOLS DEBATES,
UNPACKED BRIEF,
SOURCED IHI/WEHI PRECEDENTS,
THUMBNAIL SEQUENCES
I researched the arguments for and against each topic and have decided on going for the flag change as I think it will be interesting and engaging. I unpacked the brief, found definitions for ihi and wehi, ethos, pathos and logos and other words I was unsure about. I analysed a few ihi/wehi precedents and found that I was attracted to ones that were a bit risque - sex does sell after all. I need to make the debate relateable and personable as the flag debate should incite discussion. I also unpacked a range of visual rhetorical devices to keep in my toolbox until I know what arguments I want to put forward.
I need to keep in mind:
- local cultural contexts: it's supposed to relate to all New Zealanders so has to be inclusive, accessible, and understandable to a wide range of people (ages, backgrounds etc.)
- NZ's bi-cultural framework
- target audience research
- effectiveness of rhetorical device/s
- persuasiveness - does it resonate with the intended audience?
- analysis, synthesis and reflection on design process
Goodnight blogger xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment