Sunday, 16 August 2015

16.8.15

OBJECTIVE OF BRIEF
SYNTHESISE
ESSENCE
THUMBNAIL
VISUALISE
PROTOTYPE
RENDER
FEEDBACK
GAIN INSIGHT

It's been a busy week. I got some feedback on Tuesday from Phoebe and realised that I'd been working in the wrong direction for a while - I'd been so busy trying to think of funny, board, complex ideas, that I lost sight of what the brief was actually asking. So, I glued in and analysed a bunch of precedents and visual styles that I liked which I tied together with my extensive flag debate research and used to inform my concepts/angle from then on. Researched rhetoric - gained a better understanding of the theory of it (seems that I like the theory of most things). I wish I'd been unpacking visual precedents this whole time and gaining ideas that way - could have made many more visual concepts and refined them further, learnt about how visual communication works more. Well, I will know for the future to stop and think and analyse what I've done before I go further.


No comments:

Post a Comment