Sunday, 2 August 2015

2.8.15

RESEARCH,
BUILD EMPATHY,
POINT OF VIEW,
THUMBNAIL,
TEST,
FEEDBACK,
GAIN INSIGHT

I made a lot of thumbnails and looked at varying viewpoints and angles that I could take. I have decided on using the angle of our current flag being too similar to Australia's. I want to play on this similarity and see how I can make my pro-change stance funny and approachable. I'm playing around with how I can use the flag in different contexts - using the trans-Tasman rivalry to my advantage. I got a bit carried away with all of my other angles and the whole referendum debate so need to focus on fleshing this chosen angle out as much as possible. I found some interesting poster precedents about sustainability that use humour to turn quite a serious and issue into something lighthearted and accessible - pathos? The concepts where I have used parody and personification have gotten the best response so want to explore how I can explore and visually resolve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment